Body Composition Testing
Just stepping on the scales once in a while does not tell the whole story. In fact, it can be very misleading. We frequently see members actually gain weight for a little while before they start losing it, even though their clothes keep getting looser. Huh??
It happens because your body is building muscle when you work out (technically shortly thereafter). Muscle is much denser than fat, so your size may decrease before your weight does. The good news is that muscle burns a lot of energy, so the more muscle you have, the more energy you can burn in a given period of time, which in turn makes it easier to get rid of extra body fat reserves.
So … back to body composition testing. Doing periodic body composition testing will help you to assess where you are and also give you feedback on your progress. There are a lot of different ways to estimate body composition. Most of them are not especially accurate. We use one of the most accurate methods currently available, and it couldn’t be any more convenient. We actually bring the testing facility to the club. That’s right, the testing facility is mounted on a truck. We bring it in about once every two months to give our members (and the rest of the community) an opportunity to get a highly accurate body composition test for a very low cost.
If you have questions, or the slots fill up and you’d like to be placed on our waiting list, just send us an email. We’d be glad to help!
Next Test Date is Coming Soon!
Call for details.
You MUST sign up in advance. Cost is $45 or less.
About The Test
- Bring a bathing suit. The water is heated to between 89 and 94 degrees and is filtered continuously, just like a spa.
- Bring a towel. You will get wet from head to toe.
- Do Not Eat a large meal within two hours before the test.
- Drinking water or working out just prior to testing does not affect the test.
- The whole process is totally painless and takes about 10 minutes.
- The test costs $45 unless you’re participating in our Fitness Lifestyle Program (in which case it may be FREE!). Members that are currently in either a personal training program or group training program receive a $10 discount.
About The Results
You will receive a comprehensive report that includes:
- Your body fat and lean mass percentages.
- Your long-term health prognosis based upon the current test results.
- Your optimal percentages.
- Your Basal Metabolic Rate
- How much fat (if any) that you need to lose to reach your goal
- A personalised caloric intake and expenditure chart that gives a good estimate of how many calories you will burn during a “normal” day.